Sunday 29 December 2013

OUGD601 // Dissertation // Practical // Website

From the digital mock up I created, I could use this to code and create the actual website. Having the fils there to look at for the design aspect and layout of the website, made the coding of the website so much easier to do.

Home page

The home page main content is a slideshow which presents images of my own work. This home page acts as the anchor page which all the links on the left hand side will go from. 




The slideshow on the homepage is automatic and runs through itself on its own, the images within the slideshow are random, so that when the user is looking at my website it is more varied and doesnt show images of the same project one after each other. 


Projects Pages


The project page is accessed from the home page, when clicking on the projects link, it reveals the project titles, which when you click on will open each project page as shown below. 

Each project page is set up the same way, the main content area has a slideshow of images for the project with a brief description of the project below it. The slideshow can be scrolled through manually or left to automatically scroll through the images. These pages take full advantage of the content area for the images and show them at a large scale so it is easy to see the products created for each project. 


Iconic Cities 


Life with Energy




Imprint


90 Years of BBC Radio


This is Fedrigoni


About Page


The about page is all about myself and my own practice. This page shows the four column grid put into practice as each section is in its own column. The first column is about me and talks generally about myself and how I came about graphic design and the stage I am at now within graphic design as a career. The Design Practice column talks about my own practice and informs the reader on the type of design work I do. The third column is about experience and awards I have done and received throughout the time of me working within graphic design. 

Contact Page


The contact page again uses the four column grid this page shows my contact details which includes address, phone number and email address. Along with these details there are links to various pages which my work is shown on and other social media websites available. The third column displays the copyright for the website and my work. 

These four pages make up the design of my website. These simple designed pages showcase my work and myself in the best possible way and create a easy to navigate around website making it easy for the user to get around and see my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment